Thursday 23 October 2008

Time to wee like a man

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the half hour toilet sessions, especially the ones that don't end with a poo. The puzzles are going out of vogue, and books are definitely in now that he's learning the (entire) alphabet and starting to recognise words. (By "words" I mean, "cow" and "moo" which he sometimes confuses.) When the reason for the half hour toilet breaks began to look more like "Mommy will read to me for half an hour" than "Oh boy I'm having a hard time making this poo" enough was enough. It also helps that he can now mostly distinguish between "I need to wee" and "I need to poo." Another motivator is that he's in jeans now instead of shorts, and so toilet breaks mean removing shoes, trousers, undies, etc. and it's getting to be quite a faff, especially on-the-go.

He has been weeing standing up outside from just about the get-go, and has been weeing sitting backwards on adult toilets when out and about, so the natural progression was to meld the two at gymnastics last week when they conveniently had a step stool in the bathroom. We now do these at home, too, when I'm just Frankly Not In The Mood to sit for half an hour on the cold metal bathtub which is uninsulated and exposed to the elements in the crawlspace under our house.

No comments: